Friday, March 04, 2005

Disconnected Rambling 01

Right now, I'm sitting behind a computer, and very tired. How can I become tired just using the computer? That's because now I'm working as a receptionist in a computer lab (wait, that doesn't sound right...). I never thought working in a computer lab can so tiring! Well, maybe not in a regular cyber-cafe, but I'm working in my college computer lab ('college' as in Kolej Kediaman Siswa, NOT Kolej Sunway or Kolej SAL), which is also equipped with a photocopy machine, a binding machine, and a color printer. All of which has to be operated by the receptionist (or worker...hmm...I'll stick with worker). The lab also has 22 computers that has to be unlocked individually from the counter's computer each time a user wishes to use them. Thank Allah the black and white printer can be operated by the users themselves. It's not so bad when there's not too many people, but during peak times (at night, or nearing the end of the semester...like RIGHT NOW!) this place can be really busy and, of course, the work is non-stop. And the most frustrating thing is, I can't even use BitTorrent to download anything! This is because the server is connected to the university server, which of course blocks all file-sharing applications. Ah well. At least I'm using the Internet for free.
For the past week, most of my free time is spent playing Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic II. The game is really enjoyable because it lets you, the player, to become...what else? A JEDI! (Come on! Everybody wants to be one! Right? Right?) And not only that, you can choose your sex and also your alignment. Want to be like Luke Skywalker, the hope of the Light Side and the Republic? Fine. Want to be a new female Dark Lord, using Force Lightning to fry enemies a la emperor Palpatine? Go ahead. Or just want to wield a double-bladed lightsaber like Darth Maul? Sure you can! And the best part of the game is that the storyline is not linear. All of your choices and actions affect the storyline, your companions (oh yes, you do have companions. Lots of personalities, too. Try listening to HK-47 talking and you'll know), your alignment, and ultimately, the galaxy's destiny. In the game. Ah well, it's nice pretending to be the saviour (or conqueror...your choice) of the galaxy once in a while. But seriously, if you are into RPGs like Neverwinter Nights or Baldur's Gate, you should really give this game a try even if you're not a fan of Star Wars like me. Heck, I didn't even watch Eps I & Eps II and I still like this game!
Oh, it's almost time to close the lab. Guess I'll sign off now!
Quote of the Day: "Friendship is a wonderful thing to have. It can halve our troubles and double our joy!" - Anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home